Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Wait, rabbit, I just want to take a photo

Marsh rabbit at Armand Bayou Nature Center.
 Seeing mammals along the trail is always a treat.

A couple of rabbits were browsing near a sign identifying marsh rabbits at the Armand Bayou Nature Center.

They were well camouflaged. A slight move gave one away. The one closest to the boardwalk didn't seem too concerned about a passing human.

The cottontail spotted near the butterfly garden at Baytown Nature Center was very skittish. It seemed to return to a spot where there had been a tree stump in a freshly mowed area.

I gently poked around the area looking for a nest, but I didn't see anything. Maybe the rabbit was just enjoying the new sprouts. If there was hidden nest, I hope the babies are safe. -- Lana b

Cottontail at Baytown Nature Center.

1 comment:

  1. Lana, I am thoroughly enjoying your posts. Great photos, inspired writing! love, love, love it. rhonda

    ReplyDelete