Saturday, August 6, 2016

Water testing at Bayland Park

A quiet, still morning.
This is my water testing site.

Last fall someone gave up the site at Bayland Park, so I took it over this spring after going through a Galveston Bay Foundation training class.

This month the water was very calm and the salinity was up.  I'll know better after going through a year of testing, but I'm guessing this is normal for August.

A kayak and four boats launched during the couple of hours I was there. A man and a boy were casting a net from the bank on the other side.

In the past a nosy pelican was hanging around the boat launch, and a skinny cat would come toward the tables looking for a handout. But this time I only saw a few shorebirds gliding past plus the usual grackles patrolling the picnic shelter.

It was a nice, quiet morning if you could ignore the highway traffic.

Reading the hydrometer is always a challenge for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment