Thursday, August 25, 2016

Oops! Disturbing toads at home

These four toads were under an overturned plastic table holding bits of concrete.
Toads1 Toads! Toads!

I uncovered some toad hideouts while cleaning a space behind the garage where the previous homeowner built a lean-to for firewood.

For us, the tin-roof shelter has become a catch-all for yard junk. However it seems the mess has become a hangout for the croakers we hearing calling at night.

The area is toad-ally hopping.

There were three toads sharing that slot. A tiny frog hopped out of the other slot before I could snap a pic.
I'm  not sure what I did to disturb this one.
This one took a look at me when I pulled weeds too close to home.
As a peace offering, I buried pieces of a broken pot to replace the concrete blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment