Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Recycling trash as yard art


The lost fishing gear I find along the water's edge becomes yard art.

How do you display your found art? Send me a pic: slapoutgully@gmail.com. -- Lana b.

.......................

Here is Marilyn L.'s work


You asked for it.

The components of this "fine art" were gathered from the mountain of debris washed up along our washed out rock groin bulkhead after Hurricane Ike. 

I suspect the countertop, decorative border above the hole and the picnic table or bench leg (?) had floated across the bay in the surge and may be from Smith's Point or even Bolivar Pen.  Who knows? 

The pieces all had a history and a part of people's lives unknown to me.  I cut and pasted the debris-art over an image of bay water from a calm, hot day...yesterday. 

It may become part of our pier, now that you've inspired me to drag it out, clean it up and display on the blog. 

3 comments:

  1. Bill has so much yard art around the shop I can't possibly decide on a single picture. Maybe you could come up and relieve us of some of his artwork for your display! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely and functional, too! :) I've mowed "yart" designs in my yard by not mowing some areas, letting the grasses grow knee high in circles, ovals, squares etc. One must fly over to really appreciate the design......ever the lazy gardener/blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kathy, i think an austin-healey carburetor would make a fine wind chime base.
    and marilyn, if you have a brush hog, i have an area that you could turn into a work of art

    ReplyDelete