Thursday, July 30, 2015

Damselfly encounter on the trails


Cool design.

This delicate damselfly wasn't afraid of me. 

It flitted from stem to stem and came within touching distance as I tried to focus on its slim body.


Finally I reached out palm-up and inched my hand closer and closer to the damselfly. (Sorry I couldn't get a pic at the same time.)

The black-and-white beauty briefly touched my hand, took off and landed nearby.

Then it curled its abdomen to its feet. Maybe it was cleaning itself because my sweaty palm was distasteful. Or may it thought I was flirting.

We went our separate ways.

We look at each other after briefly touching.

What are you trying to tell me? Are you looking for a mate? You like my hat?  I'm standing in an ant mound?

I will take that as a sign that I should move on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment