Monday, October 27, 2014

When a trail is littered with cash

Cash on the trail.     

 When I spotted the $5 and $1 bills on the trail, it seemed like a test.

You are not supposed to pick up anything at a nature center and put it in your pocket. Yet it is a good practice to pick up litter.

I glanced around. Nobody was around. And, thankfully, no body either.


However some pelicans were watching me. Was this a pelican prank, I wondered.

Was a string attached to the cash so the money could be yanked out of my reach if I tried to pick up the money?

I took a chance the pelicans were not punking me and picked up the money. The bills were dirty and extra crisp from drying in the sun, but they were real.

I glanced at the pelicans, but they didn't react when I stuffed in cash in my pocket to be recycled properly.

Pelican police watch me.

No comments:

Post a Comment